These guys provide top-notch service! When I came home for the summer, my central vacuum system was completely inoperative. My home is over 10,000 sq ft, so not having a working central vacuum system is not an option. The gentleman Chris at the store came right out and personally checked out my system and got it running again. It works even better now than it EVER did. Customer service like this is UNHEARD OF in this day and age. I will certainly be a repeat customer! Thank you, gentlemen!10/16/2019
I love this business. So useful to have, wonderful guys, reasonable pricing, excellent service work.10/16/2019
Upright or Canister: Which Vacuum is Right for You?
Has your old vacuum cleaner kicked the bucket? Have you recently moved into your own space and you are looking to purchase your first vacuum? If so, you may be having a hard time trying to decide whether you should choose an upright vacuum or a canister vacuum. While the choice really does come down to personal preference, each type offers distinct advantages. Whichever option you choose, head to East Hampton Vacuums to find the best canister and upright vacuums around! This family-owned and operated vacuum supplier has been servicing the cleaning needs of Long Islanders for more than 30 years. They offer a wide selection of the highest quality vacuums from the best manufacturers in the industry and their friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you choose the right vacuum for your specific needs. But before you start shopping, here’s some information that can help you determine whether a canister or an upright vacuum is the right choice for you.
The Upright Vacuum
An upright vacuum cleaner is one of the most popular types of vacuums. The suction head (the part the pulls everything up), the motor (what powers the vacuum), the filter, and the bags (or dirt compartments on bagless models) are built into the same unit. To operate this type of vacuum, you simply stand behind it and push it forward and back.
Upright vacuums offer several benefits, which is why they tend to be more popular than canister vacuums. Some of the most notable advantages of upright models include:
- Motorized brushes. Upright vacuums feature motorized brushes, which makes them highly efficient for cleaning thick carpeting and rugs.
- Multi-surface cleaning. The motorized brushes can be turned off, allowing you to transition between rugs and carpets to hardwood floors and tile.
- Easy operation. To operate an upright vacuum, you simply plug in the power cord, turn it on, and start pushing.
- Several features. Upright vacuum cleaners come with different features, including hoses and attachments that you can use to clean multiple surfaces, such as upholstery, blinds, and crevices. Some models also boast “lift-away” hand vacuums, which allow you to turn the unit into a hand-held vacuum so you can easily clean hard-to-reach areas, like stairs.
- Easy storage. Since it’s a single unit, upright vacuums are easy to store.
- Wide cleaning path. While the size of the cleaning path will vary from model to model, generally, it’s wider than a canister vacuum, so cleaning will take less time.
- Cost-effective. Depending on the manufacturer, the model, and the features, upright vacuums are usually the most affordable type of vacuum cleaners.
However, despite their benefits, there are some downsides to an upright vacuum. For example, they tend to be louder than canister vacuums, they can be heavy, and unless you’re using an attachment, it can be hard to clean corners with this type of vacuum.
The Canister Vacuum
Like an upright vacuum, a canister vacuum also has a motor and a suction head; however, the design differs. The motor is housed within a canister, which also contains the filter and collects the dirt and debris. The suction head is attached to the end of a wand, which connects to the canister via a hose. Both the canister and the suction head feature wheels, so they can be pushed around as you clean.
Canister vacuums also offer a number of benefits, some of which include:
- Powerful motors. Since the motor is situated in a separate canister, these vacuums tend to have more powerful motors than upright vacuums.
- Better suction. A larger motor means better suction, which makes cleaning a lot faster and easier.
- Multi-surface cleaning. Canister vacuums can also be used to clean various surfaces, including rugs, carpets, hardwood floors, and tile.
- Easier maneuverability. The cleaning path of a canister vacuum is narrower than an upright vacuum, and since you only need to move the wand and not the whole vacuum, which makes it easier to clean hard-to-reach areas, such as behind furniture and in corners.
- Multiple tools. Canister vacuums can also come equipped with several tools, such as upholstery brushes, crevice nozzles, and motorized brushes.
While a canister vacuum certainly offers several benefits, there are some cons to be aware of.
For example, they tend to be more expensive than upright vacuums, since there are two elements (a canister and a suction nozzle), storage can be more difficult, and a lot of people don’t like the idea of having to drag a canister behind them.
So, which one will better suit your needs? If you’ve decided between an upright and a canister vacuum – or you still aren’t sure – contact East Hampton Vacuums today! Their crew of professional vacuum specialists will help you decide which type of vacuum will best suit your cleaning needs.
- Learn more about Floral Park, NY 11001 11002
- Open a Floral Park, NY map
- Find the Floral Park, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Floral Park, NY pharmacies
- View the current Floral Park, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Floral Park, NY public and private schools
- Floral Park, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State